Professional Driver Car Sharing is an innovative online platform designed to transform the professional car-sharing industry. As a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution, it provides real-time visibility into fleet management, offering a comprehensive solution for connecting professional drivers with fleets. The platform aims to replace legacy systems with a more efficient, user-friendly, and robust solution.
The development began with comprehensive research to understand the complexities of car-sharing, fleet management, and financial reconciliation. The research aimed to identify the unique features that software could offer to provide maximum benefit to its users. Key areas of focus included:
- Car-Sharing: Understanding the intricacies of professional car-sharing and identifying opportunities for automation and efficiency.
- Fleet Management: Exploring the complexities of fleet management, including live vehicle location, remote control, and maintenance scheduling.
- Financial Reconciliation: Investigating the challenges of financial reconciliation, particularly in relation to rental rates and revenues made by taxi drivers using the platform.
4. Software Architecture
The software architecture was designed to be comprehensive, user-friendly, and scalable. The architecture supports a wide range of features, including live vehicle location, remote control, financial reconciliation, and maintenance scheduling. The design focused on creating an intuitive and efficient system that could grow and evolve with the platform.
5. Interface Design (UX/UI)
The interface design was a critical component of the project. The aim was to create an intuitive interface that would simplify fleet management tasks for a diverse spectrum of users. This involved:
- Wireframes and Mockups: Detailed visual guides were created to outline user interaction with the software.
- Custom Interface UI Library: A custom library was developed to ensure an optimal user experience across mobile and desktop platforms.
- User-Friendly Design: The interface was designed to be accessible and understandable to all users, regardless of their technical expertise, making the platform comprehensive yet approachable.
Stack for this software had to be chosen wisely to accommodate mission critical items, to support mili seconds in commands to open and close vehicle, as software was replacement to regular key technology. Key technologies used included:
- Frontend: React Native and Angular 2 were used for frontend development, providing a responsive and interactive user interface.
- Backend: Laravel linked to MySQL, Python, Node.JS, Redis, and Socket.IO were used for backend development, ensuring efficient data management and processing.
- Mapping: Mapbox was used for real-time location data, essential for the live vehicle location feature.
The development was divided into two main products:
- Enterprise for Fleets: This product was designed for fleet management, providing features like live vehicle location, remote control, and maintenance scheduling, all accessible from a web interface
- Driver App: This product was designed for drivers, providing features like vehicle rental, lock/unlock functionality, condition reports, and payment management.
In addition to software development, the project also involved hardware development. Sierra Wireless modules were integrated into the system, providing reliable and secure connectivity for the platform’s remote control and live location features. This hardware integration was crucial in enabling the platform’s core functionalities and ensuring seamless operation.
7. Integration of Legacy Systems
The integration of existing systems used by the client was a key aspect of the project. This was achieved through:
- API Development: APIs were developed and integrated to support complex backend functionality and ensure seamless interaction between our software and existing systems.
- EzPass Robot: A unique feature of the project was the integration of an EzPass robot to automate toll reconciliation. This feature significantly streamlined the financial reconciliation process for the platform, reducing manual effort and increasing efficiency.
8. Google Cloud & AWS Deployment
The deployment was carried out on Google Cloud and AWS. These platforms were chosen for their reliability, scalability, and robust security features. They were particularly crucial during peak hours for short-term rentals, ensuring that the platform could handle increased demand without compromising on performance or user experience.
In conclusion, Professional Car Sharing represents a significant advancement in the professional car-sharing industry. By combining a user-friendly interface with comprehensive features and a scalable architecture, it provides a complete solution for connecting professional drivers with fleets. The platform has been carefully designed and engineered to provide an efficient, reliable, and easy-to-use service, transforming the way businesses manage their fleets. With this SaaS, businesses can focus less on their fleet management tasks and more on their core operations, confident in the knowledge that their fleets are in good hands.